Pujols makes his return and the Cardinals top the Angels 5-1
The Cardinals defeated the Angels 5-1 on Friday, but that wasn't really the focus of the day, as Albert Pujols finally made his return to Busch Stadium for the first time since October of 2011. In St. Louis fashion, fans gave Albert an extended standing ovation for all he has done for the city. There were few dry eyes in the stadium as Yadi and Pujols embraced at home plate towards the end of the ovation.
The rest of the game went as follows:
• Upton gets the Angels on the board with a double in the top of the 1st.
• An alarm went off in Busch Stadium causing a bit of a scare, but it was only a false alarm.
• Wacha held the Angels in check, pitching 6 innings of one run baseball.
• Ozuna has a big day with a home run and three RBI's.
• Gallegos, Miller, and Martinez combine to finish off the job.
Thanks for reading!