Cardinals jump on Brewers early, dominate game one in Milwaukee 12-2
Sorry to all you Stew fans, but I'm handling the recap tonight. So here it goes.
The Cardinals dominated the game from start to finish, with the offense putting up big numbers early. They continued to roll and for the second straight game scored six runs in the second inning (after putting up two in the first). Gio Gonzalez was on the mound for the Brewers and he wasn't fooling the St. Louis bats one bit. Adam Wainwright wasn't spectacular, throwing 90 pitches in only 3.2 innings, but the run support made this a moot point. The Cardinals continued to add runs in the later innings and the bullpen continued to shine, holding the Brewers scoreless for 5.1 innings. All of this culminated in a 12-2 victory and the fifth straight win for the Cardinals.
The rest of the game went at follows:
• Yadi singled in two runs in the first inning.
• The Cardinals batted around in the second, highlighted by doubles from Ozuna and Bader.
• Yadi hit his fifth homer of the season in the fifth inning.
• DeJong hit a two run home run and a sac fly to top off the scoring for the Cardinals.
• Gant, Leone, Miller, and CMart combined to finish the Brewers off.
• The Cardinals now lead the Cubs by 3 games in the NL Central and pushed the Brewers to 5.5 games back.
Thanks for reading!